Carrefour, my local supermarket has some new Hot Wheels, these are from the Hot Wheels H Case. I’ve been studying the videos of what to expect from this selection and found 4 of the 6 models, which really interest me.
- Dodge Van (Mooneyes) deco. In the back of the van is a go kart moulded to the interior decor.
- ’71 Datsun 510 The Super Treasure Hunt for this case will be this model but with Real Rider tires and a darker green spectraflame paintjob. Even in the regular version it looks fantastic.
- Nissan R390 GTI. A one off Nissan Supercar, produced as a road version to allow a modified racing version to compete at Le Mans.
- ‘10 Copo Camaro. I got this for the decor. I love the combination of blue and yellow and the Pictionary graphics.
- Toyota Celica. I’m still looking for this.
- Mercedes 500E. I’m still looking for this.
Two further cars, I’m considering
- Mad Manga. This is a car based on the Japanese bouzouki style with Manga graphics.
- Bone Shaker with Mooneyes deco. Bone Shaker is an iconic Hot Wheels model.
The MOONEYES Deco can be seen on many Hot Wheels cars. I don’t intend collecting them all, but I do like the deco, I also liked the Hot Wheels anniversary deco, which was used on many cars. With the addition of the Dodge Van, I have three vehicles with the Mooneyes Deco now, the other two being VW Beetle based: a Custom Beetle and a ‘49 VW Beetle Pick Up. Dean Moon (May 1, 1927 – June 4, 1987) established a company making parts that became an icon in the hot rodding industry.